Agility is about how well you move and adapt.
It’s about your ability to react and respond to the changes around you both physically and mentally.
When you are agile, you are quick and reflexive, able to turn on a split-second’s notice and move in another direction.
Agility isn’t just a physical discipline, it’s a life skill.
If you’re looking for some inspiration to start training your agility, these quotes capture the essence of agility as a form of survival and power and how it applies in fitness and athletics.
Agility Life Quotes
These quotes are geared toward the bigger picture of how agility benefits you in everyday life.
Though, some of them are easily interchangeable with sports and fitness.
- Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack jump over the candlestick. – a nursery rhyme about agility and not getting your butt burned
2. It is not the strongest person who wins in life, but it is the most nimble, flexible, and adaptive person who wins in life. – Debasish Mridha
3. You have to be very nimble and very open-minded. Your success is going to be very dependent on how you adapt. – Jeremy Stoppelman
4. Agility within and of itself is a strategy. – Pearl Zhu
5. Catch the life with the agility of a dog trying to get a hold of the flying Frisbee! – Mehmet Murat Ildan
6. Those that are the most nimble will win the race. – Scott Washburn
Agility Sports Quotes
These quotes are more specific to the physical benefits of agility, namely in sports. (Except for the first, which walks the line.)
7. Strength without agility is a mere mass. – Fernando Pessoa
8. I couldn’t have been a great goalkeeper without power, agility and quickness. – Hope Solo
9. For me, from day one, I don’t think I realized that I was considered undersized, but I knew I was good. I had certain tools in my toolbox that others guys didn’t have, like agility, quickness and explosiveness. – Austin Aries
10. With wrestling, we’re still athletes. I train like we’re an athlete as opposed to a body builder. Some people still have that body-builder mentality. But not from me. I do a lot of agility work and stuff like that. – Bobby Lashley
11. I prefer to fight a bigger guy. I don’t like fighting smaller guys; they give me problems with their agility. – Tyson Fury
12. Few big men have possessed the rare combination of power, speed and agility of Shaq. – Jared Dudley
13. For sure it takes longer for bigger guys or tall guys to be really agile. Growing up, my dad and a few coaches always said that’s the first and main priority for me, agility and quick feet, before getting strong. – Zdeno Chara
14. I’ve got power and agility. I don’t care if I’m not the biggest keeper; I’ve got the power and agility to get around the goal, and I’m very good at it. – Jordan Pickford
15. You need to have explosive power. So you need to have good agility to move your feet quick and be in the right place at the right time. So you have to be an overall athlete: you need to be in shape to be able to throw. – Michelle Carter
16. I don’t mind my team being less physically strong in exchange for more mobility and nimble, swift transitions. – Tite
Want more yuks with your agility training content? Check out our Agility Training Puns.
Just getting started with agility training? Check out our beginners guide – Getting Started With Agility Training.