Calisthenics is about building strength and endurance within your own body.
It’s about what your body is capable of against the very laws of nature.
It’s about fighting gravity and mastering your own movement and bodyweight.
If you’re looking for inspiration for your next calisthenics session, these quotes capture the essence of channeling the power within.
- He who conquers himself is the mightiest warrior. – Confucius
2. Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. – Lao Tzu
3. There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy. – Friedrich Nietzsche
4. You gotta have a body. – Jayne Mansfield
5. The human body is not a thing or a substance, given, but a continuous creation. – Norman O. Brown
6. The body is our general medium for having a world. – Maurice Merleau-Ponty
7. The body is the outermost layer of the mind. – David Mitchell
8. My body is the shape I live in and it shapes the way I live. – Raquel Welch
9. A feeble body weakens the mind. – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
10. The human body is the best work of art. – Jess C. Scott
11. The Church says: the body is a sin.
Science says: the body is a machine.
Advertising says: The body is a business.
The Body says: I am a fiesta. – Eduardo Galeano
12. Musclemen grow on trees. They can tense their muscles and look good in a mirror. So what? I’m interested in practical strength that’s going to help me run, jump, twist, punch. – Jason Statham
13. What seems impossible today will one day become your warm-up.
14. I don’t count my sit-ups; I only start counting when it starts hurting because they’re the only ones that count. – Muhammad Ali
15. If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you. – Fred Devito
16. If you can do a squat and a pushup, you can build up to becoming a fitness guru. – John Morrison
17. You can’t hire someone else to do your push-ups for you. – Jim Rohn
18. Squat like Channing Tatum is watching. – Erin Weiss
19. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. – Marianne Williamson
Want more yuks with your calisthenics content? Check out our Calisthenics Puns.
Just getting started with calisthenics? Check out our beginners guide – Getting Started With Calisthenics.